Home World Ramaphosa condemns xenophobic attacks

Ramaphosa condemns xenophobic attacks

38
0

South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa has condemned the latest spate of xenophobic attacks in the country and called on security agencies to arrest perpetrators.

He said the violence, which mostly targeted Malawian and other African nationals, in KwaZulu-Natal was regrettable, “particularly on the eve of Freedom Month” marking 25 years since the country’s first democratic elections.

Last week, dozens of people were forced from their homes by angry mobs who also looted shops.

He also said in a statement:

Quote Message: Today, our economy and society benefits from our extensive trade and investment relations with partners on our continent and many of our continental compatriots live in South Africa where they are making important contributions to the development of our country. Today, our economy and society benefits from our extensive trade and investment relations with partners on our continent and many of our continental compatriots live in South Africa where they are making important contributions to the development of our country.

Quote Message: African development depends on the increased movement of people, goods and services between different countries for all of us to benefit. We will not allow criminals to set back these processes.” African development depends on the increased movement of people, goods and services between different countries for all of us to benefit. We will not allow criminals to set back these processes.”

Mr Ramaphosa said he welcomed Monday’s meeting between South Africa’s Minister of International Relations Lindiwe Sisulu and ambassadors from several African countries today to discuss the violence.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here